In order to continue to exercise cautions and to ensure the safety of all our members, we are extending our online group practice until further notice.
We remain hopeful that we will be meeting in-person again before long. Sign-up to receive our weekly newsletter to get the latest updates.
How to join us online:
via Zoom: Visit https://zoom.us/j/727507599 (video + audio)
by Phone: 312-626-6799 / Meeting ID: 727507599# (audio only)
If Zoom is new to you, watch this video on how to join a Zoom meeting.
May all beings be safe, healthy, and at peace.
- This event has passed.
Special Event: Sangha Meeting & Tea (online)
January 30, 2022 @ 3:15 pm - 5:30 pm CST
It’s the 5th Sunday — our special event week!
On January 30th, after meditation, we will hold a Sangha Meeting to kick off 2022!
CBMG board members will report on our 2021 program activities, operation, and finance. We will then open the floor to hear your feedback and suggestions for future programs, schedules and other aspects of this group.
Your inputs are crucial as this community would not exist without your participation. Please join us. Long-time members, new members, and first-timers are all welcome!
EVENT SCHEDULE: (Central Time)
3:15 PM: Online session open for dial-in
3:30 PM: Slow Moving Meditation – to help settle our body & mind
~3:40 PM: Sitting Meditation
~3:10 PM: Self-Massage
~3:15 PM: Make a Cup of Tea!
~3:20 PM: 2022 CMBG Sangha Meeting
~5:30 PM: Adjourn
You may join any or all segments of the evening.
- Check that your internet and audio/video is working beforehand
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing
- Find as quiet a place as possible; while also be understanding of each other should kids/pets, etc. make noise in the background! (we’ll use the “mute” function judiciously)
- If using a meditation cushion or bench, make sure to also have support under your knees – not too hard and not too soft (e.g., rest round cushion on top of a larger square cushion or folded towels/blankets, etc.)
- If using a chair, sit on a sturdy & comfortable chair where the thighs can be parallel with the floor
- For moving meditation, we will experiment with a seated form, to minimize space requirement
Beginners welcome. No cost to attend. Donations welcome. Your generosity will support the continued operations and growth of this group, including the cost of our monthly rent and Meetup subscription fees.
We also meet on other Saturdays with slightly different programs – see our event listing for details.