In order to continue to exercise cautions and to ensure the safety of all our members, we are extending our online group practice until further notice.
We remain hopeful that we will be meeting in-person again before long. Sign-up to receive our weekly newsletter to get the latest updates.
How to join us online:
via Zoom: Visit https://zoom.us/j/727507599 (video + audio)
by Phone: 312-626-6799 / Meeting ID: 727507599# (audio only)
If Zoom is new to you, watch this video on how to join a Zoom meeting.
May all beings be safe, healthy, and at peace.
Meditation + Dharma Sharing (online & in-person)
June 4 @ 3:15 pm - 5:30 pm CDT
On the 1st Sunday of each month, we do some Dharma Sharing where members take turn to present a Dharma topic and lead a discussion, with this schedule:
3:15 PM: Door opens / Zoom link opens
3:30 PM: Slow Moving Meditation – to help settle our body & mind
3:40 PM: Sitting Meditation
~4:15 PM: Dharma Sharing & discussion
~5:30 PM: Adjourn
You may join any or all segments of the evening. If you are joining us in-person and arrive late, please gently knock on the door and wait for someone to let you in.
- Please read our “COVID Safety Protocol” page for details on vaccination requirements and other etiquettes
- Please bring your vaccination card (or a photo of it) and show it to our volunteers before entering the building for the first time
- Alternatively, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a private Zoom meeting to show your proof of vaccination ahead of time (we can also accommodate FaceTime calls or WhatsApp video chat)
- Check that your internet and audio/video is working beforehand
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing
- Find as quiet a place as possible; while also be understanding of each other should kids/pets, etc. make noise in the background! (we’ll use the “mute” function judiciously)
- If using a meditation cushion or bench, make sure to also have support under your knees – not too hard and not too soft (e.g., rest round cushion on top of a larger square cushion or folded towels/blankets, etc.)
- If using a chair, sit on a sturdy & comfortable chair where the thighs can be parallel with the floor
- For moving meditation, please stand in an area that is roomy enough for both arms to extend freely in all directions
Beginners welcome. No cost to attend. Donations welcome. Your generosity will support the continual operations and growth of this group, including the cost of our monthly rent and Meetup subscription fees.
We also meet on other Sundays with slightly different programs – see our event listing for details.